Blackberry Ice Cream Soda was all the rave tonight at my house! This recipe reminds me of when I was little and we would take road trips up north to my Auntie’s house. She would send my three sisters and I out on her property with buckets and bowls and we were told to fill each to the brim with Blackberries! The reward was huge for our little exploration! She would make her amazing Blackberry Pie and we would snack on the sweetest blackberries ever! I’m so glad that my sweeties have a huge love for blackberries, too! This recipe was a total hit and requested to be served every night from now on…
Here are the ingredients needed to make Blackberry Ice Cream Soda….
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 half-pint (6 oz each) blackberries
- vanilla ice cream
- 1 bottle (32 oz) seltzer
- In a small saucepan, bring ¼ cup water, sugar, and ⅔ of the blackberries to a boil.
- Lower the heat and bring to a simmer for 5-10 minutes until the berries are very soft.
- Strain and press through a fine mesh strainer over a bowl, discard the seeds.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Divide the ice cream among the glasses.
- Top with the seltzer leaving a little space at the top of each glass.
- Top the sodas with the blackberry puree and garnish with the remaining blackberries.
- Serve immediately with a straw and long spoon.