It has been a while since I’ve shared a Pressure Cooker Recipe. The weather has begun to get real crisp at night which leaves me craving a filling, delicious home cook meal! Easy and Fast always are a high priority, too! Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice in the Pressure Cooker scores high in every area! This flavorful one dish meal is totally tasty without much effort!
Along with a couple cubed boneless, skinless chicken breasts, here are the ingredients needed to prepare Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice in the pressure cooker.
And served in my vintage Pyrex casserole dish, it makes me feel like a regular June Cleaver (although I’m not sure her meals took twenty minutes to prepare).
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1⅓ cups long grain white rice, rinsed
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- Leave the lid off for now. Heat oil on high (or brown) until sizzling.
- Add the cubed chicken and onion and saute until chicken is lightly golden and onion is translucent.
- Add rice, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then secure the lid and leave it locked for 5 minutes on high.
- Perform a quick release to release the cooker’s pressure.
- Whisk together the flour and milk.
- With the cooker’s lid off, set to high or brown and add in flour mixture. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and broccoli florets, and let simmer for 2 more minutes or until combined and broccoli is warm throughout.