‘Can you make these for my birthday, and for my class party, and for my friends birthday, and….!’ Every time I make Chewy Ginger Cookies my sweeties start making plans for me to make them again! They love this tasty treat!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for Chewy Ginger Cookies…
After the ingredients are combined, refrigerate for an hour, then roll into balls and coat in sugar. Bake and enjoy!!!
Chewy Ginger Cookies…
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2⅔ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup granulated white sugar – coat before baking
- Beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the molasses, egg whites, and vanilla, and beat until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until they are well combined.
- Cover the batter and chill for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put about ½ a cup of white sugar in a bowl. After the dough has chilled, roll into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the balls into the sugar until they are well coated.
- Place on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until the outside is firm and the center is a bit soft.