Muffin Monday was Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake Monday this week and despite changing the typical schedule, there wasn’t even one whimper or complaint! This recipe was given to me at one of my wedding showers and I hadn’t made it in a long time. It was such a treat! The recipe bakes into a large 9×13 cake. I thought there would be plenty to share with our sweet neighbors. Wrong! All three sweeties wanted a slice in their lunch and begged for a slice for snack after school. We finished it off pretty quickly!
Here are Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake’s ingredients…
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup corn oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Mix the flour, salt, ginger, one teaspoon of the cinnamon, both sugars and the oil. Remove three-quarters of a cup of this mixture; add to it the nuts and the remaining cinnamon and set aside (this becomes the coffee cake topping).
- To the flour mixture, add baking soda, baking powder, egg and buttermilk and gently combine the ingredients.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved topping mixture over the surface.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
Linking up at: Savvy Southern Style, Between Naps on the Porch