We had some of our besties over last weekend. It had been way too long since our last visit! I knew I didn’t want to be in the kitchen cooking when they were here…too much real life for us to catch up on. Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken is an easy way to serve a feast without slaving in the kitchen. I just place a few ingredients in the Crock Pot and in a few hours lunch is ready. (Just be sure to keep an eye on the chicken, my slow cooker gets extra hot so I have to turn off the heat early on every recipe). A bag of potato chips, veggie tray, and lots of ranch dressing and it’s time to dig in! It’s times like these that I wonder why I don’t host way more often!!!
We chose to serve ours as sandwiches along with chips, fresh cut veggies, and ranch dip. So fun that we also had leftovers! That makes hubby happy.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Lay half of the onion slices in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup of brown sugar, then top with the chicken breasts.
- Cover with the remaining onion slices then pour the BBQ sauce over the top.
- Finish with the remaining ½ cup of brown sugar.
- Cook on high for 5 hours.
- Pull the chicken apart (shred) and serve.