I’ve mentioned before that I love tea parties. Little B and I host an annual tea party for friends each February and absolutely love every detail! Our favorite tea has always been Chai Tea. I’ve been perfecting homemade Chai Tea in the crockpot and it’s great, but after a trip to Starbucks, I decided I wanted to try making a perfect Fall tea sipping treat for Little B and I to enjoy regularly! Are you ready for this!?! Crockpot Pumpkin Chai Tea! It is so good…I’m sipping on some as I share the recipe with you.
I keep these ingredients on hand already and with my Keurig, brewing tea only takes a few seconds. I love that this is a recipe that Little B can confidently throw together for her and I…or even for friends when they come over to play. She’s such a great hostess!
And of course this Crockpot Pumpkin Chai Tea wouldn’t be completely delectable without topping it with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
UPDATE: My sweeties like a mild flavor, but for a more intense flavor it’s been suggested to add 1/4 teaspoon of cloves, white pepper, nutmeg, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. For more sweetness top with a generous portion of whipped cream or 2 count of pure maple syrup – Thanks for the suggestion Jane!
- 4 cups milk
- 1½ cups brewed black tea
- 4 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Pour tea and milk into crockpot.
- Add pumpkin spice, sugar, and vanilla. (The amount of sugar and pumpkin spice used can be adapted to your preference).
- Whisk ingredients together.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Change temperature to warm.
- Ladle into teacups and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.