I love home cooked meals that you can throw into the crockpot and the flavors become all savory! Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken is totally that type of a meal. And not only is the chicken tender and delicious for dinner, I get to enjoy the aroma all day long as it slow cooks in my kitchen.
Here’s the ingredient list.
Big B is always in the kitchen ready to help….this time he got an extra kick out of it…being able to make Little B squeal and run was pure, genuine fun.
I always rinse my chicken before proceeding any further. Then I combine my dry ingredients and rub them into the chicken, inside – out. Fill the opening with quartered onions and minced garlic. Then place the chicken in the crockpot breast down. And there it is all gold and beautiful…4-5 hours later
I usually reserve a cup of chicken stock from my Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken and combine it with 2-3 chicken breasts to prepare flavorful shredded chicken in the crockpot.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) whole roasting chickens
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 4 whole garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 yellow onion, quartered (optional)
- Spray the inside of a 5 quart or larger crockpot with nonstick spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Rub the dry ingredients all over the chicken, inside and out, and place in crockpot, breast side down.
- Place onion and garlic inside chicken cavity.
- DO NOT ADD ANY WATER.
- Cook 4-5 hours on high, or 8 hours on low.
- The chicken will be so tender it is starting to fall off the bone.