I love using my slow cooker mainly because of convenience! That’s totally reason enough, right!? Whether making a meal, drink, or preparing a gift slow cookers simplify life and I just love that! And the savory fragrance that fills my house when I prepare Crock Pot Sugared Pecans is like the cherry on top!
This recipe is as simple as stirring ingredients and the results are amazing! And super fun…if you happen to have a pecan tree in your backyard, there’s nothing more exciting for your sweeties then incorporating your own home grown ingredients! If you’re looking for recipes to gift to family and friends, I highly recommend Crock Pot Sugared Pecans. They’re great as a snack and an awesome topping for any dessert!
- 16 ounces pecans
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- About 15 minute prior to cooking, turn your crock pot to HIGH
- In hot crock pot, stir together the nuts and butter.
- Then, add powdered sugar, stirring to blend and coat evenly.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 more minutes.
- Then, remove the lid and reduce the heat to LOW.
- For 2-3 hours or until pecans are coated with a crisp glaze, cook uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- In another large bowl, combine the spices.
- Transfer the nuts to the bowl of spices and toss until pecans are coated evenly.
- Allow to cool before serving – if you can stand it!