I love this time of year, although I may have a different story for you in January when I have to start working out twice a day to take care of December’s fun. Homemade Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows is another must make recipe each Christmas. I’m a huge marshmallow fan, but after being spoiled by these, it’s hard to go back to plain.
I’m telling you this Homemade Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows recipe deserves to be sold in a gourmet kitchen restaurant…and bonus that it’s totally easy.
Crunch the peppermints and chop the chocolate.
Melt the chocolate and then do a little dipping and double dipping until the marshmallow is topped with chocolate and peppermint. So simple, my only friendly advice is to wait a brief moment after dipping the chocolate so it has a chance to firm a bit and hold the peppermints better.
Cover the top and use the bottom to hold…
Or add a skewer and place next to a cup of hot cocoa for a fun winter treat.
- 30 large marshmallows
- 6 Squares of chocolate almond bark
- ½ a bag of peppermints
- Break peppermints into tiny pieces and place in a shallow bowl.
- Chop up almond bark and place in microwave for 60 seconds, stir. Continue for 15 seconds at a time and stir until almond bark is melted.
- Dip one end of the marshmallow into the almond bark, allow to cool for a few seconds, and then dip the chocolate end into the peppermint pieces until nicely coated.
- Set upright and allow to dry.