I have tried so many Tomato Basil Soup recipes and nothing compares to the recipe my sweet friend was given by her sweet friend! And guess what — I was told I can share with you, too! Have you ever had la Madeleine Tomato Basil Soup!? It’s totally my favorite and this knockoff is so similar it’s like I’m eating out in the comfort of my home. And it’s SUPER EASY to make — a tried and true recipe that my family loves!
Add a grilled cheese sandwich on sourdough for an awesome winter meal at home.
- 28 oz. can of whole tomatoes
- 32 oz. tomato juice
- 20 basil whole leaves
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper
- In a large pot bring whole tomatoes and tomato juice to a boil.
- Add basil and continue boiling for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool a bit, then puree tomato basil mixture in the mixture --hold the lid.
- Pour puree back into large pot.
- Add butter, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!