Coconut Macaroons are one of my favorite cookies. I love adding a hint of lemon in my cooking and baking, and the addition to Coconut Macaroons is totally heavenly! They’re real quick and easy, too. I usually don’t even use a mixer for this recipe, just a whisk and a brief arm workout.
Here are the ingredients needed to make Coconut Macaroons with a hint of lemon…
- 1 large egg white
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (14 oz) bag of shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white and salt until frothy, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the coconut with a rubber spatula.
- Using a spoon and your fingers, shape the cookies into 1.5 inch mounds.
- Bake until lightly brown, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before eating.