Yay! Dinner (Lemon Spaghetti) made it on the table again! Do you ever feel that way!? We have way overbooked our schedule this semester. I won’t bog you down with my list, I know we all have them! I’ve always guarded our family time and I’m experiencing a bit of regret at this point. (You may have seen on my FB page, I was listening to my favorite audiobook – Margins in life are so important). Every chapter has a lesson to be learned…this one…how to get a meal on the table…REAL FAST! My absolute favorite time of the day is when I’m gathered around the table with my sweeties and I’m not willing to let anything get in the way of that time!
I was thrilled to be contacted about joining a campaign for Barilla on Pasta Awareness Day! Barilla pasta has ALWAYS been my brand of choice! The price is right, I love that the packaging is substantial, and it’s product is great quality! They offered me a variety of their products (which you may have seen me Instagram the other day). They also gave me an Exclusive Preview of The Modern Family Pasta Cookbook. There were lots of great options…I had fun selecting one to prepare for my family…the Lemon Spaghetti was delicious (I tossed in some minced garlic as well)!
I love the picture below. If you’re a pasta lover like myself, you’ll appreciate this…’Pasta brings love to the dinner table, even on the most hectic nights!’ Sometimes I feel the pressure to create something elaborate, but the flavor of a simple pasta dish has the capability to capture a complex flavor! And preparing meals truly is about bringing love to the dinner table! Aren’t those school day stories the best!
Take a second to tell me your favorite pasta in the comments below. Myself…Angelhair!!! Happy cooking!
PS I served the Lemon Spaghetti with steamed green beans – not pictured.
- 1 pound Barilla Spaghetti
- 2 fresh lemons
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil (I used ⅓ cup)
- ⅔ cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh basil chopped
- (I added 2 teaspoons of minced garlic)
- Grate lemon peels and place lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Juice the lemons into a separate bowl.
- Whisk the oil, lemon juice, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, ¾ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper in a large bowl and blend. Set lemon sauce aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid
- Add the spaghetti to the lemon sauce, and toss with the basil and lemon zest.
- Toss the pasta with enough reserved cooking liquid, ¼ cup at a time, until moistened.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy a Delicious Home-Cooked Family Meal in Minutes!