Tis the season for baking and I’m loving it, especially those recipes that call for just a couple ingredients and make my sweeties eyes triple in size! Merry Christmas Pretzels totally has the effect…the colors are vibrant and the combination of salty and chocolatey is totally dream-like.
Here are the ingredients…
I like to layer my work area with wax paper for an easy cleanup when making Merry Christmas Pretzels.
This is a three step process. 1. Melt the chocolate and candies. 2. Dip the pretzels in chocolate then cover half with colored sugar and let the other half dry. 3. Cut a slit in the corner of a plastic sandwich bag and drizzle a contrast color of frosting over the dried chocolate covered pretzels. Allow to dry (in the fridge if you’re in a hurry). Enjoy and share!
I had extra chocolate to drizzle…couldn’t let it go to waste…time for a little FUN!
If you choose to share your Merry Christmas Pretzels, mason jars always make a fun treat even more fun…just cover the top with cellophane and a bow!
- 1 bag (12 oz) white chocolate chips
- 8 oz red candy coating melts
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag of pretzel rods
- assorted colored sugars
- Microwave white chocolate chips in a glass bowl at 60% power for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Place red candy melts in glass bowl and microwave at 60% of power for 1 minute. Transfer to a pastry bag (or Ziploc Storage Bag), snipping off a small opening at the tip.
- Microwave semisweet chocolate in a glass bowl on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Spoon white or semisweet chocolate over ¾ of each pretzel rod. Tap off excess and sprinkle with colored sugar or place on wax paper-lined sheet. Drizzle with candy melts after chocolate is dry. If candy melts harden, microwave again for 20 seconds.