Being from Texas, our family totally digs Tex Mex cuisine! Mexican Chicken is a super easy – flavorful meal prepared on the stovetop. I like served it on a plate with veggies or chopped up and layered in a bowl with rice, corn, black beans, and sour cream!
Here are the four ingredients needed to make Mexican Chicken…Chicken, Salsa, Taco Seasoning, Sour Cream and a bit of water.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Use a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons water and chicken.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is browned.
- Reduce heat , add taco seasoning and salsa.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in sour cream and serve.