Old Fashioned Sour Cream Cookies is one of my favorite recipes each Christmas, compliments of a sweet friend from college who listened to me obsess over Stud when we first started dating and could always make me laugh until the point of tears!
These chewy, delicious cookies are totally cute cut into shapes and decorated with frosting! (My only advice beyond the recipe is…wrap a portion of the dough and keep it unbaked in the refrigerate to munch on later…I know eating raw cookie dough is bad, but it’s an addiction I’m not willing to stop.)
Here are the ingredients…
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⅔ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 425.
- Mix butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla thoroughly.
- Blend dry ingredients; add to sugar mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Roll out dough to about ¼ inch think on well floured surface.
- Cut with cookie cutters place on greased cooking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake 8 minutes, or until barely golden on top.
- Remove and cool.