Who doesn’t love fried chicken? This recipe will drive your family crazy with flavor…Oven Fried Buttermilk Chicken makes eating at home — a total treat.
This is the best way to get both sides of baked chicken crispy…A rack set above a baking sheet. SO COOL!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need…these are items I keep stocked in my pantry!
To compliment the chicken, I made garlic mashed potatoes in the pressure cooker and steamed some fresh green beans.
Have you tried my ‘Special Seasoning’ Sweet Potato Fries?!!?
- 1½ cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- ½ cup grated onion (1/2 a large onion)
- 2¼ tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Cooking Spray
- In a large container, mix together buttermilk, onions, 1½ tsp salt, ¾ tsp pepper, dry mustard, and vinegar. Add Chicken. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 425. Combine bread crumbs, paprika, remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and thyme in a shallow bowl. Take the chicken out of the marinade, dredge the pieces in the bread crumb mixture. Coat all sides with Cooking Spray.
- Place the chicken on a baking rack over a baking sheet. Bake for at least 30-35 minutes or internal temp is 180 degrees.