One of my highlights this Spring Break was making Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Bars. I hadn’t made them in a long time and this time I didn’t do a thing…I told my Sweet B’s the steps as we went and made a video of them making this yummy treat. Such a blast! It’s hard for me to believe that Spring Break has come and gone so fast. I’m glad we lived it up every single second! In preparation for this week back, Little B practiced writing a little story today. She chose to write a recap of Spring Break…I think it was her longest story ever…lots of fun to read her recap!
For this recipe, sometimes I’ll whip up some cookie dough and frosting — and other times, I go for semi-homemade! You can’t go wrong with a recipe that calls for peanut butter, peanut butter chips, peanut butter cookie dough, buttercream frosting, and Welch’s Concord Grape Jelly — made with Welch’s very own Concord grapes grown in the US and Canada!
All three of my sweeties were brilliant in the kitchen. Check out the video below to see them put it together and at the end — Little B shows off one of her cute, I can’t stop laughing moments! Doesn’t this look amazing — we all splurged and had a bar before dinner and another after — Baby B told us ‘it was healthy, like having lunch,’ so I went with it!
April 2th is National PB&J Day! Welch’s is running a Facebook contest “PB&J Your Way” – (here) tell them your creative spin on the classic sandwich for a chance to win $500 and a one year supply of Grape Jelly, plus 50 people will win a sandwich keeper!!!
- refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough roll
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- 2 cups buttercream frosting
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup Welch’s grape jelly
- Press room temperature cookie dough into an ungreased 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with peanut butter chips.
- Bake at 375º for 15-18 minutes — be sure dough is thoroughly cooked.
- Cool on wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat frosting and peanut butter until smooth.
- Spread over bars.
- Drop a few teaspoons of jelly over the frosting and cut through frosting with night, swirling the jelly.
“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Welch’s. I received product samples and promotional item to facilitate my review, but all opinions are my own.”