I love easy chicken recipes that are rich in flavor! Pesto Chicken is always a big hit in my home. My hubby is great about heating up the grill and cooking the chicken until it’s perfectly tender. When making Pesto Chicken, he brings it into me cooked, ready for the special toppings, pesto and mozzarella – a perfect combination, right!
Baseball season is about to start up again…Pesto Chicken is a tried and true recipe and a regular here each Spring!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 8 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- Flatten chicken slightly, or buy chicken scallopini, my favorite!
- Grill chicken outside, or…
- Saute on a skillet at medium-high heat until both sides are brown. (about 10 minutes).
- Transfer to a broil pan.
- Layer chicken with pesto and cheese.
- Broil until the cheese has melted.