Poppyseed Chicken Casserole is total comfort food. It’s a dish that I remember loving when I was young and I get the same excitement from my kids – 11, 8, and 7. To complete this easy weeknight meal, I usually steam white rice on the stovetop and heat up a bag of frozen broccoli in the microwave.
Awesome Casserole Tip: Make sure to let a baked casserole stand at least ten minutes before serving to obtain the proper texture.
Here’s the recipe for one of my family’s favorite recipes, Poppy Seed Chicken —
- 5 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16oz) container of sour cream
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 18 buttery round crackers (crushed)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Stir together 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, container of sour cream, poppy seeds, and 5 cups chopped chicken and add to pan.
- Stir together melted butter and crushed crackers, sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake 35-40 mins or until bubbly.
- Let stand 5 mins before serving.