It’s always amazing to me that a Pressure Cooker prepared meal is so fast and yet offers SO much flavor! I made Pressure Cooker Teriyaki Chicken this week and it was a total hit! The chicken was perfectly tender, texture is very important to me. If you haven’t used a pressure cooker before, here are some pressure cooker tips.
The ingredients were items I always have on hand.
Served with broccoli over rice, Pressure Cooker Teriyaki Chicken was a fast and delicious meal for my family!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- ⅓ cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- With the cooker’s lid off, heat oil on HIGH or “brown”, until sizzling.
- Place onions into the cooker, and cook until they begin to caramelize, about 6 minutes.
- Add the chicken, teriyaki sauce, chicken broth, garlic, and onion powder and toss to fully coat all.
- Securely lock the pressure cooker’s lid and set for 8 minutes on HIGH.
- Perform a quick release to release the cooker’s pressure. Remove lid and set cooker to HIGH or “brown.”
- Whisk brown sugar and cornstarch into the 2 tablespoons of water and add to the cooker, stirring into the sauce. Let simmer 2 minutes to thicken.
- Serve over rice.
*inspired by great food fast.