Seasoned Sweet Potato Fries are a tasty side dish…and they are pretty quick side dish to prepare. Tip: Make more than you think you’ll need, they are devoured fast!
Here are the ingredients used to make Seasoned Sweet Potato Fries…
My boys love helping in the kitchen. They’re great at peeling the sweet potatoes and helping me cut off the ends. Something about being a part of the prep makes the recipe taste that much better! This recipe is so easy, and my favorite trick is the same used for making my Oven Fried Buttermilk Chicken.
- Olive Oil, for tossing
- 5 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 3-4 inch long slices, then ¼-wide inch strips
- 1 tbsp Special Seasoning (see below)
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp oregano
- Special Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- ¼ cup black pepper
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for future use.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a cooking sheet with parchment, and place a baking rack on top.
- In a large bowl toss the sweet potatoes with just enough olive oil to coat.
- Sprinkle with special seasoning and paprika.
- Spread the sweet potatoes onto the baking rack being sure not to overcrowd.
- Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes and sprinkle with oregano before serving.