It is so important for moms to stay connected with friends walking through the same stage. For years, my girlfriends and I met once every other week in the evenings at the Starbucks between all of our houses to catch up, discuss our book club readings, and share how we can be praying for each other.
My regular order is a cup of Chai Latte light. On those nights that I had nearly pulled my hair out during the day I would treat myself to a little splurge. Starbucks Lemon Pound Cake is AMAZING!!!
The other day I got a serious craving for that Lemon Pound Cake so I decided to make my own – it was the just as good if not better! My kids helped me devour the first loaf and I froze a loaf for later – maybe today! You will love this recipe — and bonus the loaf costs about the same as one piece at Starbucks!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 Tablespoons softened butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- ⅔ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups and 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract, lemon juice and oil preferably with an electric mixer.
- Transfer the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour into three greased loaf pans and bake one at a time for 45 minutes.
- When loaf is cool, carefully remove from pan and ice with icing. Slice and enjoy!