Texas Taco Salad is a family favorite! It’s fast, flavorful, and fresh! And the other perk…everyone gets to design their own!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to prepare this fast and delicious dish, Texas Taco Salad! (We keep these ingredients on hand for nights that we need a home cooked meal fast).
- 4 cups shredded lettuce (your favorite)
- 1 large roma tomato, diced
- 1 can of olives, whole or sliced
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- ranch dressing, optional
- Mix salsa and sour cream together and set aside.
- In a large, lightly oiled saute pan, over medium-high heat, cook beef for 5 minutes
- Stir beans and taco seasoning into beef and cook for 2-3 additional minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in sour cream mixture.
- Serve family style, letting everyone pile on their favorites.
- My order of preference: tortilla chips, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, topped with a bit of ranch dressing!