In winter, we get a serious case of the muchies at our house! My Valentines Day Trail Mix is easy to make and is a favorite snack for all five of us this time of year. It’s the perfect blench of crunchy, salty, and sweet!
Instead of a box of chocolates for your sweeties, mix up a batch of Valentine’s Day Trail Mix and gift in a mason jar….or just polish it off yourself. One thing for sure it will not go to waste!!! Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 1 cup granola
- 1 cup salted pretzel sticks, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup cocoa-covered almonds
- Set aside two baking sheets lined with wax paper.
- In a small bowl place the granola, and in a separate small bowl place the pretzels.
- Using a 2-cup glass measuring cup place ⅔ cup of the chocolate pieces. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir chocolate. Continue cooking on high for 20 to 30 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds, until chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth. Add remaining ⅓ cup chocolate pieces to the mix, stir until chocolate is smooth again.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate over the granola, pour the other half over the pretzels. Stir each until evenly coated. Place the contents of each bowl onto the baking sheets. Separate the chocolate-covered pieces into small chunks. Let stand at room temp for 1 to 2 hours or until set. Chill for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set, if necessary.
- Break the chocolate covered granola and pretzels into bite-sized morsels. Transfer into a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients.